APROFORT sub-grants are awarded in form of financial support directed to the implementation activities and initiatives that converge with APROFORT’s main expected results:
- The abolition of the death penalty.
- The effective protection of activists, organisations, and vulnerable minority groups.
- Increased compliance with Anti-Corruption, Human Rights, and the Sustainable Development Goals
What are the APROFORT Subgrants?
The sub-grants will be dedicated to financing activities of NGOs and individuals based in Equatorial Guinea who in the exercise of their regular activities contribute to one or more of the following objectives:
- Development of studies and/or reports on sustainable development goals (SDGs), anti-corruption, good governance, or human rights;
- Assistance to women and girls who are discriminated against because of sexual extortion or for being pregnant.
- Assistance to the LGBTI community.
- Awareness campaigns on discrimination against the LGBTI community.
- Awareness-raising of institutions on human rights and good governance.
- Support for artistic and cultural events and initiatives on human rights or good governance.
APROFORT gives preference to activities that will support existing plans or projects. This could be the case of an activity that would need to be increased or an activity that was suspended and can be retaken.
The type of activities may include internal trainings and capacity building, travel costs to events, seminars, awareness raising campaigns on human rights or corruption such as Anticorruption Day (9 Dec) or Human Rights Day (10 Dec) or international women’s day 8 Mar).
Who can apply?
- Formal national CSOs in coalition or individually
- Informal groups of activists
- Schools or training schools
- Teachers and researchers
- Artists, theatre companies, or any other groups or individuals working on the cultural sector
STAGE 1: Expression of Interest – Deadline for submission is October 23rd 2020
Applicants should send their expression of interest filling the form online or by email indicating very briefly who is requesting the funds and a short description of the activity.
APROFORT team will shortlist the best ones and invite the promoters to submit a full concept.
The purpose of this process is to remove the burden for many CSOs to develop long and heavy proposals. Therefore, this process makes it very light at the beginning and only requests more details to the ones shortlisted.
STAGE 2: Full Concept Note & Budget
The shortlisted applicants in Stage 1 are requested to present a full concept note and detailed budget using a specific template provided by APROFORT. This stage will close by the November 17th.
Please apply for the sub-grants via this link. You can find more information about the sub-grants selection awarding procedures here. If you prefer, you can download the application form and send it to [email protected].
Amounts & Payment
The total envelope for the APROFORT subgrants is 40,000 Euros. The maximum sub-grant amount is 10,000 Euros.
The selection criteria for these sub-grants have been approved together with the EU during the signing of the APROFORT contract and we hope to be able to support as many activities as possible.
The selected sub-grantees will sign a contract with TI-PT and receive the payments according to the proposed workplan and timeline:
- Kick-off (when the contract is signed): 50%
- Mid-Term (during the implementation of activities): 40%
- Final Payment (after the successful completion of the activities and the presentation of the narrative report): 10%
|Expression of Interest||October 23rd 2020|
|Assessment of applications||October 31st 2020|
|Invitation to submit Full Concept Note & Budget to shortlisted applicants||November 10th 2020|
|Submission of Full Concept Note & Budget||November 17th 2020|
|Signing of sub-grants contracts with elected applicants||December 1st 2020|